January 11, 2010

Mounds and Mounds of Clay

I took a Sculpting class not too long ago and learned how to make clay and all that junk. Clay is fun, everyone's played with Play-Doh; the consistency can be similar depending on how much of its ingredients is put in except real clay dries when you leave it out. Anyway, I've always wanted to make something out of that class but never really thought of any creative ways to use the medium. Plus, I don't own a kiln, and if I wanted my sculpture to keep from falling apart, heating it is required.

That's why I'm not blogging about me! Here's an artist with an incredible portfolio. She works with polymer clay and she owns it. Her attention to detail is absurd (like ocd style)--definitely one of my favorites.

Meredith Dittmar






No comments:

Post a Comment