September 1, 2009

Best Emcees of All Time

Disclaimer: I don't really like hip hop, not anymore at least. It's all horrible garbage with an extremely rare occasional "decent" track here and there. It's nothing like it used to be. I know, I sound like a grandpa right now, but it's true. Rap sucks, it's horrible, it's watered down, it's all about shicky shake instructional dances and sounding as unintelligent as you possibly can. When top album sales are going to a gay adolescent fake Bape wearing IQ of a doorknob dancer (Soulja Boy), you know your genre is having major problems. Sorry Lil Wayne, even you can't save hip hop from it's imminent death.

I just stumbled on a live performance by Jay Z and Nas absolutely killing their respective Dead Presidents track(s) with Chris Martin from Coldplay masterfully accompanying them on the piano....Hearing Jay and Nas spit live, together, had me thinking about the greatest emcees of all time.

I decided to put a list together (I was originally going to make a top ## list but decided that could take longer than a day and i'd rather not field questions from all of you debating where i placed so and so)

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
Rakim
Notorious B.I.G.
2pac
Big L
GZA
Kool Keith
KRS-1
Mos Def
Nas
LL Cool J
Jay-Z
MF Doom
Andre 3000

No comments:

Post a Comment