November 11, 2010

Akira Yamaoka

I had the urge to search for this haunting song I heard years ago when I attempted to play Silent Hill (I failed miserably hence the usage of "attempt"--that game is horrifying). It's the theme song for the game series, but mind you, I only played the fourth. Akira Yamaoka is a famous video game composer, he composed all the music for the Silent Hill series. Everyone can agree that music emphasizes the effect on the audience so thanks to him, the game achieved what it intended to do--shit my pants. Anyway, the first 10 seconds of this track was on repeat throughout parts of the game thus reminding me of the frightening images when I hear it.

Here's a mash-up of the game and movie. The movie didn't do the game any justice--esp the little girl they picked to play Alessa (look at me criticizing the acting skills of a little girl, I'm horrible!) I'd give a remake a chance, though. A chance I shouldn't have given Paranormal Activity 2, sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment